PUBLICATION MALPRACTICE STATEMENT
JARIMS will only publish high quality studies and original research, after a rigorous evaluation through a double blind peer review process. The following are the standards of expected ethical behaviour for all parties involved in the publishing process:
RESPONSIBILITIES OF AUTHORS
- Ensure that they have written entirely original work.
- Prepare manuscript according to the format given in Submission Guidelines and Instructions.
- Ensure the accuracy of cited references.
- Acknowledge all sources of data used in the research.
- Obtain permission to reproduce any content from other sources.
- Notify promptly the journal editor or publisher if a significant error in their publication is identified.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF EDITORS
- Consult with the Associate Editor and other members of the editorial team, as well as with reviewers, in making publication decisions.
- Based on the review report of the editorial board, the editor can accept, reject, or request modifications to the manuscript.
- Providing guidelines to authors for preparing and submitting manuscripts.
- Ensure the confidentiality of manuscripts.
- Evaluate manuscripts for their intellectual content without regard to the race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, ethnic origin, citizenship, or political philosophy of the author(s).
RESPONSIBILITIES OF REVIEWERS
- Review and send the review comments in due time period.
- Maintaining the confidentiality of the review process.
- provide detailed, thoughtful and constructive feedback to assist the author(s) in improving their work,
Inform the editor, in case that he/she is not qualified for the manuscript distributed by editor.
Inform the editor if a manuscript contains plagiarised material, falsified or manipulated data.
Inform the editor if unable to complete review of manuscript within stipulated time.
Ensure that authors have acknowledged all sources of data used in the research.
Should not review manuscripts authored or co-authored by a person with whom the reviewer has a close personal or professional relationship.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF PUBLISHER
- Ensures that journal editors, authors, reviewers, and other stakeholders adopt best publishing policies and practices.
- Ensure appropriate decisions regarding publication procedures and maintaining the transparency of editorial decisions.
- Ensure the quality and the originality of each published article.
- Protect intellectual property and copyright.